27 June 2009

The first of many ice cream posts


Okay so maybe I need to look into getting some food photography skills. But I promise it was delicious. Thursday I made the custard and Friday I froze this delicious rhubarb crisp ice cream. Pretend mine looks like this much nicer photo. If I make this again I might leave out the 'crisp' part. I felt it kind of detracted from the flavour and distributed unevenly through the ice cream.

Home-made ice cream is so worth it in my opinion. For one, you can make whatever wacky flavours your heart desires. It's not that hard to make (even with our old-school beast of an ice cream machine) and I know it's frozen so this will maybe sound silly but: Fresh ice cream tastes so good. The flavours aren't muted, you get the full effect of the rich cream and you get to feel proud of yourself/impress others.

Next flavours on the list: Green Tea, Plum, Black Sesame and whatever seasonal fruits I can get my hands on.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Mmmm, green tea ice cream is sooo good!

I've never had rhubarb before but I love ice cream, I bet it's tasty!